Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I Love My Engagement Ring! Do I Need a Wedding Ring, too?

So, your fiancé chose the perfect engagement ring—congratulations! But if you love it so much, do you also need to get a coordinating wedding ring? Sometimes finding the perfect wedding band match can be tricky. Can you simply wear your engagement ring after you're married, instead, or would that be bucking tradition a bit too much? Our wedding etiquette experts are here to answer your wedding ring questions in our daily post.

I love the engagement ring my fiancé picked out! Do I have to get a wedding ring, too? Or can I just continue to wear my engagement ring after I'm married?
Instead of a separate engagement ring and wedding ring, many couples these days are deciding to get one ring each. Besides saving money, there are multiple benefits of going this route: Single rings are more comfortable and less fussy than a stacked band and engagement ring combo, it's one less ring to have to worry about losing (especially important if you're a bit scatterbrained!), you don't have to worry about two rings perfectly lining up, plus, more of an investment can be made in a single stand-out stone. So deciding to go with one ring is a very smart idea for some couples. All that really matters is that your engagement ring is one you love and will be happy wearing all the time. And if you're enamored of your engagement ring on its own but still want a wedding ring, consider wearing them on separate ring fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment