Sunday, June 9, 2013

Busy but Trying to Retain my Sanity

Wow! What a week this has been.... we are coming to the end of the school year for my youngest - only 3 more days to go so things have been crazy busy there.... last concerts; girl scout award ceremonies and bridging ceremonies; trying to get the pool opened for the summer (that is assuming we actually get warm enough to swim!); trying to keep the water in my fish pond (not sure if it is the fountain spraying water out or what but ugg!); and planning a trip for the girls and I to go to New Mexico to see my family in July - where my little female Sheldon (think Big Bang Theory) will be attending Space Camp for a week.


*Stepping away from my crazy calendar for a moment...*




Have you ever raised a "Sheldon?" Oh my! the challenges! I am an artist. When I was young I took tap, ballet, jazz, and gymnastics. When I was in high school, I was in choir and every musical our school produced from 5th grade til I graduated. That's not to say that I am not smart - I am. School was easy. I graduated college with a 3.8 GPA (stupid geology class! lol) AND did it in three years. But that being said, I am in NO way prepared to raise a brainiac! My youngest is what I (never in front of her) call "stupid smart." She is so smart that her brain is too busy with everything going on in there to think about normal stuff - like how to avoid running in to that wall right there...

She is ten. A few months ago, she came up to me complaining that she had a sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia. Me, "a what??" Her, "a sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia." Me, "a WHAT??" At this point, I am thinking she is making up words to make me feel like a fool... "Mom, it's an ice cream headache." she says VERY disgustedly, like everyone knows this term. Now I DO feel like a fool. lol... This stuff happens all the time. And God love her, she has the same social graces that Sheldon has. I wish she had the social skills of Amy Farrah Fowler, that would be an improvement. She just doesn't really 'get it' most of the time, though it is something we work on...

*Back to the crazy calendar and week...*

To add to this end of the year craziness - Zazzle dropped a huge bomb on us this week that will affect thousands of artists and storekeepers. Not fun. But I have decided I've just got to put my big girl panties on and keep moving forward - not much else that I can do, so there ya' have it. While I have been crazy busy, I did take time to do a couple of new designs - and this one is one of my favorites from this week. With the popularity of rustic country weddings I think these will be really popular. 


Modern Rustic Barn Wood Wedding Invitation

 This fun design, called Modern Rustic Barn Wood Wedding, has a washed out grey barn wood pattern background. There is a white scroll calligraphy style design at the top and bottom and a pretty filigree style heart with an arrow separating the bride and grooms' names. A bit lower to the left side there is a tree graphic in white and celery green. The text is in white and celery or lime green as well to really pop off the invitation. Perfect for your rustic country western or outdoor wedding or event. This set has invitations, save the date cards, response cards, thank you cards, table number tent cards, envelope seals, wine labels, binders, and return address labels available. Use the envelope seal stickers for any of your DIY gifts - these are available in both large and small sizes!


No comments:

Post a Comment